This position is responsible for contacting providers and resolving potential overpaid claims for medical, dental and long-term care providers on behalf of insurance clients that APU represents. This position is primarily an outbound calling role in a fast-paced working environment.
Our culture is built on being polite, persistent, and proactive, and any candidate seeking a job at APU must adopt these core principles.
· Politely and effectively communicates with medical, dental, and long-term care providers regarding identified insurance overpayments.
· Persistent at problem solving and escalated appropriately.
· Proactively making contact and responding both verbally and in writing with providers.
· Responsible for maintaining and accurately updating in the operating system, to include: points of contact, adding or creating notes, recovery stages, etc.
· Perform administrative duties to include: creating notes, researching overpayments, sending emails/faxes, etc.
· Basic level of polices & procedures
· Positively respond to coaching, mentoring and feedback.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and team environment.
· Achieve daily, weekly, and monthly recovery goals and metrics.
· Ability to perform the essential job functions
· Communication Proficiency – written and verbal communication
· Customer/Client Focus
· Problem Solving/Analysis
· Able to multitask
· Committed to the mission of the company
· Dedicated to the core values of the company
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Possess excellent computer skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work independently
- Be detail oriented, accurate and precise in completing the tasks associated with the position
- Intermediate Windows & MS Office Skills are mandatory.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in processing Long Term Care/Medical/Medicare/Medicaid/Dental or some type of insurance billing or auditing.
- Call center experience
- Customer service experience
- have Mainframe, “green screen” experience or similar systems
- Have expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Passing of skill test will be required.
- Must attend all days of onboarding training. If unable to attend all days of the training which are held in the first 30 days, the applicant will be rescheduled for the next available training. If unable to attend all days of the rescheduled training, the employee will be released from employment.
Candidates selected will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation (drug test, credit check, reference verification) and skills test.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
There will be an attractive compensation package that is commensurate with experience. APU offers a full suite of benefits for full time employees. Those benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401k, PTO and holiday pay. Join our growing team based exclusively in Amarillo, Texas.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position requires 40 hours per week with some time outside of the normal hours.
No travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time and is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
APU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management.
Applicant signature below constitutes understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Applicant Signature: _________________________________ Date_____________