Asset Protection Unit Inc (APU) is looking for a project manager who is responsible for the successful completion of any project or program APU is undertaking. Their daily responsibilities include aligning projects with business objectives, constructing detailed work plans, managing teams, achieving milestones, and communicating the results to stakeholders.
In this role, the project manager will be expected to manage the project, maintain friendly relations with the client, build a realistic project plan, deliver the outcomes on time, schedule tasks, and delegate assignments. The project manager will track the progress and performance of the project, along with the performance and efficiency of all members involved in the project.
As the project manager you will be accountable to the Chief Operating Officer for planning and allocating resources, monitoring progress, and keeping stakeholders informed throughout the project lifecycle. All of this takes place within the framework of achieving APU’s goals and APU’s vision. You will manage projects that involve internal personnel, those involving outside vendors and those involving APU’s clients, or any combination of the three.
In this role, you will:
· Ensure all projects are delivered on time within the stipulated scope.
· Lead the initiation and planning of a project and ensure technical feasibility.
· Ensure resource availability and allocation.
· Develop a detailed plan to monitor and track the progress of the project.
· Coordinate with internal and external parties for the flawless execution of projects.
· Manage relationships between clients and stakeholders.
· Measure project performance using appropriate project management tools.
· Perform risk management analysis to reduce project risks.
· Report and escalate to upper management as and when needed.
· Create and maintain a comprehensive project documentation.
· Perform analytical support to the business leaders as deemed necessary.
This role will be responsible for:
· Updating monthly client meeting requirements and ensuring items identified in these meetings are completed as required and always prior to the next scheduled client session.
· Monitor, track, follow up on data provided to clients to ensure acceptable levels of completion to drive APU recovery efforts. This will require talking to clients to expedite review completion and the weekly status reporting and escalation.
· Track and report on the status of APU programming and auditing findings, ensuring all audits are completed timely by ensuring timely receipt of client data, programming analytics, and audit completion prior to calendar month end.
· Monitor, track, follow up on internally driven projects designed to increase workflow and drive APU profitability. This will require taking the lead on ensuring internal personnel are following through on assigned task and achieving agreed upon dates for completion.
· Use data to drive initiatives to grow income or improve operational efficiencies.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the temperament, skills, and experience needed to lead the project efforts. Experience in gathering requirements for business users, capturing and analyzing data, documenting business processes and leading stakeholder prioritization meetings, would constitute an ideal candidate. Requirements for this position include at least three years of experience in a related role, the ability to communicate, formal training, and an active PMP certification. Those certified as a PMI Scrum Master will move to the top of the list, though not required, APU will require the individual hired to obtain such within the first year of employment.
In this role you must be able to manage four core things that are critical to the success of a project:
And your business skills must include being able to comprehend project financials, profit and loss, and the ability to create and adhere to a project budget, if and when required. Furthermore, leading those that do not directly report to you is essential to this role. Communicating clearly (face-to-face and in writing) and resolving conflicts will be essential in the success of this candidate. Finally, team-building skills are essential as the project manager qualifications don’t only guide a project—you are responsible for the team(s) involved in any project being managed. Motivating the team to communicate and collaborate, and boosting their morale, are tasks the project manager will need to achieve for success.
- Strategic Thinking
- Teams Management
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Technical Competence
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Self-motivation: problem solver who takes ownership of assignments and other duties as assigned or requested.
- Effective, client centered listening skills with external customers fostering the ability to understand instructions, client feedback and proactive knowledge-sharing with senior leadership team.
- Ability to design and implement enterprise-wide business development strategies
- Ability to Identify, execute and measure improvements in existing and new client relationships.
- Personal attitude that positively influence all levels of employees and management while establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships both internally and externally.
- Sound judgment and critical/analytical thinking; strong organizational, interpersonal skills; and ability to prioritize, multi-task, while maintaining and meeting deadlines and objectives.
- Proactive-driven project management skills.
- Effective in capturing and analyzing data to drive revenue growth or operational efficiencies.
- Ability to prepare technical reports, charts, and graphs to document and measure business development goals and strategies.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software with an emphasis in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn/utilize Wrike project management software
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in business, engineering or related field is preferred.
- Three or more years of project management experience is preferred.
Candidates selected will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation (drug test, credit check, reference verification).
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for an extended period of time; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of operations are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position requires work time outside of the normal hours.
There is no travel expected in this position.
APU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.